Now please tell me a good reason why a person has to photographed while he’s eating or doing routine stuff like going to the supermarket…
I think privacy must be respected even if we’re talking about Hollywood Stars, because they’re normal people just like everybody! Famous people are neither toys or gods and they have to be treated like human beings.
This is not moralistic or presumptuous because I admit that I’m fascinated by fame and beauty but it’s weird to put celebrities on a pedestal and treat them like things.
Maybe you find it obvious but I’ve read a lot of articles about stalking and obsession on newspapers that really impressed me. Unfortunately stalking is a big problem not just in that kind of environment.
I understand that when you adore someone the only thing you want is staying with him/her but the relationship has to be mutual and living in a dream is not always good because we live in reality.
I’ve found this on wikipedia:
Gossip can serve to:
– normalise and reinforce moral boundaries in a speech-community
– foster and build a sense of community with shared interests and information
– build structures of social accountability
– further mutual social grooming (like many other uses of language, only more so)
– provide a mating tool that allows (for example) women to mutually identify socially desirable men and compare notes on which men are better than others.
– be used as a form of passive aggression, as a tool to isolate and harm others
– provide a peer-to-peer mechanism for disseminating information in organizations
I’m not saying that gossip isn’t funny sometimes because curiosity is human but I think that now we’re crossing the line of decency and respect. So… ok summer flings that make us dreaming but stop with stalking and obsession!
And now… why I’ve decided to talk about this?
I’ve read this article on imdb (yes I read news about Robert Pattinson but I promise I’m not going to sleep in front of his hotel or house) and really made me think. And then I read this and I’m proud to be a “normal fan“!
This dimension comprises attitudes that fans are attracted to a favorite celebrity because of their perceived ability to entertain and become a social focus such as “I love to talk with others who admire my favorite celebrity” and “I like watching and hearing about my favorite celebrity when I am with a large group of people”.
What do you think about it?
XOXO MARYG90 aka the normal fan